I’m going to Skype with my mom and dad and then I’m going to go see Eclipse. If anybody wants to get in on the Skype on that day, you need to let me know soon because mom and dad have precedence and that movie starts at 8:20 my time. Which means I have to leave @ 7:30 my time.
Natalie’s birthday will likely be low key: presents, cake and strawberries, and trip to the park. Am even considering letting her loose in the toy shop.
Books read here, reading here, finished reading here, and recommend to you there with star rankings (5 is top notch):
1. The Help ***** want to meet these women.
2. Her Fearful Symmetry *** better than her last book
3. Barefoot *** poolside reader
4. Sarum ****
5. Eat Pray Love (get this read before you go see the movie, okay?) *****
6. Unseen Academicals *** (low ranked because sometimes Terry Pratchett is hard to understand, but if I took that out then ****)
7. Dead in the Family ** which is sad because I really like the Sookie Stackhouse series
8. Emma in Love *** Austenites
The jury is still out on Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I don’t think I liked it. Others might. And the next books in the series might be better. *
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!