Dan is in Ischgl for a physics conference this week and I’ve been set the task of writing down each of Natalie’s My Little Ponies™ names. I think I got the best end of the deal.
It’s pronounced ‘Ish ghoul’.
Natalie’s first full week of nursery went great! Nursery is what they call preschool/pre-K here. The first couple of days she powered through the day, but towards the end of the week, at pickup time, we’d find her asleep or she’d have just woken up from a nap. The ladies who are in charge there think she’s a doll. She makes them laugh because she calls them and the other kids “honey”. As far as I can tell, she doesn’t have a special friend like she did at GoKids, but I’m not really worried like I would be if she were older.
So, I’ve got an interview on Wednesday with Elite Education, a supply teacher company. I’m actually of mixed feelings about this interview. I’m glad someone called me back after all the applications I’ve sent out over the past few months. I’m apprehensive about all the hoops they want me to jump through, that, at home, would be made fairly easy due to the infrastructure of home. Meaning: they want £36 to do a police background check and no checkbook means I have to have exact change. And I’m unclear if they’ll take cash. Also, I will have to submit a background check from my home country. Ye gods. Plus, all the pertinent documents: copies of my diploma, certification, letter of comparability, birth certificate, marriage license, ID, passport, TWO PROOFS OF ADDRESS, CV with all gaps in employment explained, blahblahblah. Supply teachers are substitute teachers basically and I didn’t have to submit a birth certificate etc when I did that a while back. And I have to register with the General Teaching Council for England (GTC) and pay another £36.50. I don’t have a National Insurance Number, nor do I have a Teacher Reference number and I can’t figure out how to start.
This place is such an effing disappointment. It is my hope that the people at Elite Education can help me out. And so, I’ll need to figure out how to get there…It’s in Newcastle. Most likely, I’ll be taking a train and then a cab to make the 11 am appointment.
uff.
Monday morning after I drop off Natalie, I’ll be going to JobCentre to see if they can help me sort this out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!