...do not buy the Postman Pat Fairycake Sponge Cake Cupcake Mix. It is not like white cake mix in the least. My Tesco did not have white cake mix. It had brownie and chocolate cake mix...but no white mix. Heh...affirmative action for the brown mixes!
Why am I needing to buy white cake mix? To make this:
![]() |
| source, although I'm sure it's Martha Stewart. |
I have such high hopes. I mean, had. Don't worry, I'll get there. But first! The buildup! We attempted to make a Jumbo Cupcake as seen on TV! No, wait... the box says "similar to 'as seen on TV'" Oh well...mistake #1.
![]() |
![]() |
I read the directions; I'm not that big of an obnoxious asshole. But I may not remember all the directions.
The top and bottom did not match, size-wise. And, instead of layers, there were "swirls". And mistake #2: Forgot to spray the silicone pans with cooking spray. FML.
Taste? Eh. It went okay. It was the texture that left me in the cold, dark netherworld that is the waiting room you stay in before you get to stomp on Martha Stewart's effigy.
Sponge cake is popular here? Really?
I WANT MOIST AND DELICIOUS CAKE! I want Minnie's Caramel Cake but without the caramel!
However, I had so much fun with Kiddo and I think she had fun too.
Anyone else do this rainbow cake shit with a modicum of success or are you like me and have a nice lump of cake in the trash?
The top and bottom did not match, size-wise. And, instead of layers, there were "swirls". And mistake #2: Forgot to spray the silicone pans with cooking spray. FML.
Taste? Eh. It went okay. It was the texture that left me in the cold, dark netherworld that is the waiting room you stay in before you get to stomp on Martha Stewart's effigy.
Sponge cake is popular here? Really?
I WANT MOIST AND DELICIOUS CAKE! I want Minnie's Caramel Cake but without the caramel!
However, I had so much fun with Kiddo and I think she had fun too.
Anyone else do this rainbow cake shit with a modicum of success or are you like me and have a nice lump of cake in the trash?










A Rainbow Bright Cake. Very ambitions endeavor in Northumberland.
ReplyDelete"Minnie's Caramel Cake without the caramel." Haha! I think I always resorted to making homemade cakes when in the British Isles. When it comes to birthday cake, I'm not fond of cake that "bounces" when I hit it with the back of spoon and the English seem dead set on making every blankity-blank cake spongy!
ReplyDeleteNo food should be that colour.
ReplyDelete@Tony: Well what color should it be? Plaid?
ReplyDelete@Ada: So, you've read it too? Wonderful!
@TK: That's me. I'm all about the ambitious endeavour.
Too much work for me. I say buy one!
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious, but I feel for your endeavors. I almost made a cake like that for R&C's third bday. The tutorial I saw about it baked each layer separately, then layered them, putting cool whip in between instead of icing. A lot of work. Then someone made a comment about how kids should never consume that much food coloring and I felt like I shouldn't do it because I suck. But I'm totally rethinking it for 4.
ReplyDeleteI owuld not even attempt to bake such a cake as I am pretty useless when it comes to such things simple cakes are for me...........
ReplyDeleteYour colorful swirly cakes are pretty much how most of my cakes turn out- even when they are just simple white box mix cakes and I'm NOT using food coloring. I think your product looks like a work of art :-)
ReplyDeleteGood work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.Play bazaar
ReplyDelete