Tuesday, 10 April 2012

I- Ice Cream Window

Thornton's in Durham has a real nice business model: sell crazyass good chocolate and when the weather's nice, sell ice cream out of the large picture window normally reserved for chocolate displays.


Drive thru is pretty much nonexistent in this county. I can only think of one place where there is a drive thru and it's a McDonald's on the north side of the city limits. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure it's considered to be in Durham.

Thornton's ice cream is delish! Expensive, compared to the guy with an ice cream cart in the Market Square. His are only £1.00 and Thornton's charges £2.50 for one scoop. But it is definitely worth it.

Would you like to laugh for 41 seconds? Then click play on the video below. Hurr hurr hurr hurr!

18 comments:

  1. There's a Thornton's Cafe in Dalton Park. My parents love their soup! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place. I love ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly I'm craving ice cream! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cream is great. How did the world find happiness before we had it? I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some ice cream. But I do not love me some ice cream bunny. What is up with that crazy kook?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr Hurr..... ad infinitum.
    I can't quit wondering how you found that vid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh!
    Kate
    Follow & A to Z Visit http://solidhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not my sense of humour! Visiting from A-Z from Oz, we have an icecream place called 'Cold Rock' where whatever flavour you like it smashed, and I mean smashed on a rock and mixed with your favourite chocolate, nuts and or candy, scooped up and placed in a waffle cone. Ummm!

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I lived in a town without drive thrus. I'm in the states, I'm not positive there's a county here w/out at least one drive thru.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fuck man...there goes CATSSWE with WEADOWE .
    Like we're getting " therstry" like never " befor".
    And MEANNE to TILSTON 188 is killing us faster than " Dicky Carter".
    BOO 99 - AROOTABO - TAKKO 333.
    I don't need this shit anymore.
    Especially with the movie.
    You want it?
    PACHECO ?
    PACHOO ?
    I can tell you RED NOMAD OZ is out.
    And so is DAINA 9.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, it doesn't have to be warm to eat ice cream! I eat it whether it is 100 or 20 degrees. I must have it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...I'm from Wales but live in the US and haven't seen a Thornton's for years. Thank you for the memories.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around #777 on A to Z list).

    ReplyDelete
  13. No drive-thru? Oh, my gosh...that sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. stopping by to say Hi.

    I'm about to go eat ice cream.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh did you bang out of the challenge? tsk, tsk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I moved to Virginia beach! As I drove through Oklahoma on my way to my new abode I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...