Friday, 25 May 2012

Speed Reading




Can you beat my score?

509 words per minute

equals

104% better than the national average...


I could read
 Tolstoy's War and Peace in 19 hours and 14 minutes
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in 2 hours and 31 minutes
The Lord of the Rings in 15 hours and 40 minutes
Catch-22 in 5 hours and 42 minutes
Nineteen Eighty-Four in 2 hours and 55 minutes
The Fountainhead in 10 hours and 12 minutes
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in 52 minutes

Really, it's probably and ultimately just a marketing ploy by Staples to sell Kindles and Nooks. But if this is the real life (or is this just fantasy ;)) thing, then I have no idea on earth why you writers out there aren't asking me to beta-read your shit.

Just saying.

7 comments:

  1. that is a load of words in a minute, I think I tick along at maybe 200 a minute and type at a rate of about three a munite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please beta-read my shit?

    Thanks! (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to read pretty fast but not so much now days...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read a lot faster than I can now - well, I can still READ fast, but I don't remember much of it! I got 409 on my first go and 661 on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beat me, but only by a few words. I'm a big scanner, and tend to miss important parts of books, haha. Oh well. Hey, hope all has been going good with you, ms. mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would beat me.. heck, I've watched you. I'm only 367 wpm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really damn good though! Put yourself in thirdworldsuccesskid's shoes (or bare feet, rather)...you kick ass!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...