Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Hello Goodbyes

It's started; the goodbyes. I have received the news of an official start date for SciMan's new job. To quote Ozzy Osbourne, "Mama, I'm coming home".

Here we go again moving continents. My back hurts just thinking about moving again. The paring down, the anticipated resentment... it's ennui inducing. Thank FSM yoga class is tonight.

[uncorks and pours the Chilean white] We're moving to New York. [raises glass] Here's to Taco Bell, dishwashers, and garbage disposals. {gulps} Here's to wasting time and not doing enough. {sips} Here's to new geography and third spaces {downs the dregs}

So, I'm going to have to change my twitter handle, right? Can't be @MollieisOKinUK since I won't be in the UK anymore, n'est-ce pas?

I like the brackets [] and {}. I should've used those more over the past 2.433982 years.

Which of you live in the mid-Hudson Valley area? Can we meet up and you can show me around, like where cleanest Target is? And cafes a la Starbucksters?

Shit. Just when I got my shit together too.


20 comments:

  1. I lived in Westchester county for a bit - you're timing is perfect. The fall colors will welcome you back in spectacular fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAY! You are also going to have to change your blog name and URL! Crazzyy! You are creative and bound to find something awesome to change it to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York, how jolly, I'm frothing with envy. Moving is horrid, but once you're there you'll have so much to explore. You're the second person in the last week or so who's told me they're moving from here to New York, surely my turn's coming.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see you befor you go! Looking forward to a good natter!
    Missy xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  5. I have a friend who has lived in that area. Albany. She SAYS YOU WILL LOVE IT. reALY NICE LIBRARIES AND PARKS IN fISHKILL. tHE wEB HAS GOOD INFORMAtion. A
    picture of the school. I think Ben Frankllin went to school there! Not. Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Define "Mid-Hudson". I live in Westchester, which is closer to the city (above the Bronx) but it does stretch pretty far north. I also went to college near Poughkeepsie/NewPaltz, so I know that area pretty well too. Yin & Yang = Congrats on the man's new job, but yeah moving SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well you are just up the road sort of NY is a bit more happening than Durham - but what will you call the blog? OK in UK is so catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH wretched wretched moving. I do not envy you. But I did love NY the short year I lived there. Good luck and I hope you blog all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too emotionally and mentally exhausting, but I appreciate the thought.

      Delete
  9. Woot woot! Yay! So excited! Is sciman at IBM? When do you move? What great news girl! We really miss you. It was so nice to see you for real in August. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK in UK we've moved
    Or
    OK in UK relocated
    Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Moving is so exciting/scary/stressful/exhausting/fun!! We've moved a few times now so I do feel for you. I hope you'll enjoy NY and start blogging about it at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, great article, so interesting, Stunning pictures and nice write-up.
    How is your wrist now? Hope you give it some rest before your next adventure.
    Your blog is a very good travelogue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...