Monday, 4 July 2011

Jealousy in July

I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous of my fellow Amurricans right now. You're sporting your annual brand new T-shirt or tank top from Old Navy, about to pop the top on that can in your hand.

I didn't make it to Old Navy this year. However, there's a bit of lovely Amurrican paraphernalia that came my way this week. Thank you Lindsay. It's the little things that make me warm and fuzzy, like the Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops. You can't get them in the shops here for love nor money. 


Kiddo now knows just how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

And because I'm all patriotic and stuff... I have a little something for you. And as with most things that I begin, I end with a resounding harrumph. Forgive me, I have allergies right now and it's been fifteen years since I saw the inside of Ms Hulsey's choir room. GO PANTHERS! SENIORS '97!



17 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! That was awesome!! Glad you're not letting a little old thing like living in the UK get in the way of celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an English bloke I am not celebrating July 4th as we lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO- Can't wait until Labor Day! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, great post. You should send that to christina Aguilera. Show her how it's done right! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMYGOD!!!!!! You are so awesome. This is SO. Awesome! And you do super duper have an awesometastic voice. Seriously. Not joking even a little! Wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous!!! I was so expecting to hear "Sooners!" at the end. Haha, silly Oklahoma conditioning and all that. I'm happy you are not forgetting about the important things from State-side. Have a happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greatest post of the month!!! hahahahaha!! I have enough sunburn and hangover to spare--teleporting them in your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and dignified version of the national anthem! I got all misty eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome. The hand gestures really made it unforgettable. I loved it :) You and the kiddo are so cute in your patriotic gear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet - but it was 105 degrees here this weekend, so could use some British drizzle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Awesome! Simple awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, best thing I have seen all week! Ya'll are rocking the heck out of all of that gear. Especially with the song. You brought me to tears...in a good way, lol. Glad ya'll had a great 4th, Mollie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love! I just had to stand up and remove my hat (that I wasn't wearing)...it was just THAT good. Now that's true patriotism, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Katie: Which is it? the singing or the removal of hat? I say both are patriotic.
    @TGN: All because of you, so it's your fault.
    @ACapp: Moochaz grassyass
    @David: I'll trade ya anytime.
    @TriGirl: Confirm and deny, those are the only necessary gestures when performing.
    @my3lb: I aim to please, with dignity and rarity.
    @Rachel: Lovely! I could use a sunburn right about now.
    @MissAllie: I knew I was forgetting something! BOOMER!
    @Dwija: Yes. Thank you.
    @BB: I'd be happy to have my people call her people so they can get together for lunch. I prefer eating on my own.
    @TK: Thanks mom. But no thanks for the future expectations. Sheesh. Cause me angst why doncha?
    @Tony: Well don't worry. Looks like there's another chance for you soon.
    @Missy: This November, I'm stockpiling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was all kinds of awesome. You did it during kiddo's nap time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. @LeighAnn: Nope, nope, definitely not. She was right next to me the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get jealous too and all my American Facebook friends are posting how hot and sunny it is there. Assholes. I'm freezing here in my sweater in July.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...