Making the connection yet? Well, it's like this: you cat owners have a cat. Cat is in a room. Cat decides to run at breakneck speed from that room to another, bottlebrush tail bristling. Cat comes to full stop. Cat sheepishly looks at you as if to say, "What? Haters gonna hate." Yep. That is just how the Durham vehicularly mobile constabulary behaves.

I imagine the police cars in some sort of rank, a la taxis. All of a sudden, they leave at breakneck speed, sirens blaring. They're tearing down the A690 and upon reaching some chav's terraced council home, come to a full stop.
Having never seen Co. Durham police in action in my sleepy village, I can only infer that this is all they do. I picture it like this: they tear down the road, wahwahing at top volume only to stop abruptly and park the police car.
Oh, it's quite within the realm of possibility that arrests are being made, but riddle me this... why is it that the sirens don't come back?
Do they barf a lot? Bring home dead, headless rodents? Whine for food? Want in? Then out? Then in? Then out? That's what my cats do, the bloody assholes.
ReplyDeleteHahaha. This reminded me of an apartment we had at an intersection and the hospital was on the street behind us. So you had to go past my apartment (bedroom was facing street)to get to the hospital. All police and fire and rescue turned on the sirens and lights to get through the light. Always right in front of my window. Used to drive me batty. Was so happy to move out of there when I did. Great post Mollie. Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteYou'd think they'd build their police stations in chavdome wouldn't you?
ReplyDeleteWishing you a quiet and happy Christmas.
I think you're on the verge of revealing a giant conspiracy!
ReplyDelete@DrC: Me too.
ReplyDelete@Ryan: See, that'd be too efficient for England.
@BB: That's even worse compared to ours. I shall refrain from further complaints. Uhm, maybe not.
@LeighAnn: No, but there is a lot of wandering around the city centre without too much actual policing.