Wednesday, 6 October 2010

hurrhurrhurrdurrdurr derp and accidents

Just for fun. And just so you know, I had no idea the camera was filming me at the time. But I don't know why I did it or what happened that made me do it.

Natalie had an accident today at school and tomorrow we're/I'm taking her to the dentist. I was told that she was running and tripped. She fell on her mouth which caused her teeth to cut her upper lip and she's got bruising on her gums. Dan has tried wiggling her teeth and he says they're solid and not moving. What I find funny is how the St Oswald's staff treated me. They were absolutely great with Natalie; they treated her as best they could and gave her a push up popsicle while she waited for me to come get her. But with me, they kept asking if I was okay and telling me not to worry because Natalie only cried for two minutes. This makes me think that they've had many experiences with hysterical parents. I think they were fair surprised by the non-reaction from both of us. Well, this has happened before. But I did think that if I had just kept her home today (since she did throw the biggest tantrum yet this morning) she wouldn't have gotten hurt. Dan said to me that that way lies madness. And upon reflection, I'm inclined to agree.  At least it wasn't a broken clavicle. So, we'll go to the dentist, because we aren't dentists and I want to take care of my kid and the bruising on her gums does worry me. But oh my goodness, does she look funny, bless her!

4 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...