Natalie is holding up well with having her dad in CO. The ladies at St. Oswald's have been tickled with her the past couple of days because she's been falling asleep there in the most unusual position. They told me that they took a picture of her in this position. Haven't seen it yet. But they do move her to what they feel is a more comfortable and safer sleep spot when she does. The kid plays so hard that she has literally fallen asleep eating lunch.
So, it's Thursday the 21st, which means that I didn't get an interview with Wellfield or Macmillan. And funnily, I don't care. I'm probably filling out the applications wrong and I don't care because right now, I think they're all idiots. I'm still going to apply at the Durham School because of because. My coffee tastes good.
Leaves are changing here and are falling gradually. Went to Sainsbury's and inside the entrance to the store are fireworks displays. You can buy alcohol and fireworks in the same store here. I think this is absolutely quintessential Brrrrrrritish. Read a story in the paper at the local equivalent to Panera about this family of 12 who receive 95,000 GBP in benefits a year and that due to the government cutbacks they will now only receive 25,000 GBP. Neither parent works because the husband quit his job 10 years ago to take care of his wife who has 'curvature of the spine'. At that point, they only had four kids. Curvature of the spine must not be as bad as I thought it was. And they live in council housing which is basically paid for by taxpayers. While reading this story, I ate a bacon and egg sandwich with ketchup. It was good. The caffe Americano tasted and felt like it had breadcrumbs in it.
True Story:
Customer at the shop: " 'Ow long you been 'ere?"
Me: "Just since May."
Customer: "You doing a good job becoming English like."
Wait, what?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!