Day 30- An author that you'll read, whatever they put out.
George R.R. Martin, Edward Rutherfurd, Terry Pratchett, Cecilia Ahern, and Christopher Moore. Bit of a spectrum there, eh?
Why? Well...
Martin is Martin. Rutherfurd is consistently epic, Ahern is the daughter of the old Taoiseach of Ireland and was a popstar princess...she's champion. Pratchett and Moore are quirky, irreverent, and hilarious. Pratchett is suffering from Alzheimer's but he's trying to develop a cure. Haway, Pratchett!
Interestingly, I haven't read any of the extra books JK Rowling published as addendums to the HP World. Really not all that interested in Babbity Rabbity and the Cackling Stump.
I'm so glad I'm done with this challenge.
I would pick Stephen King because his material is consistently good but always very different!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you did this blog challenge! It was fun!
I don't think I have an author I'm genuinely rabid about. I like themes more than authors...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing! My author would probably be Philippa Gregory although I haven't read her first book series, Wideacre, so that might make me a bit of a hypocrite :)
ReplyDelete@KT: Thanks! Yeh, I like her too; I just tend to forget about her...all the titles sound the same to me.
ReplyDelete@LostinID: You make it sound as if I'm foaming at the mouth for some of those... Themes, schmemes.
@TMMW: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
William Gibson is pretty good.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't he make guitars?
ReplyDeleteSeries like this get daunting after a while, don't they? It was fun reading about your views on books. I have to ask, are you a book or a kindle girl?
ReplyDeleteBook. I don't have to charge 'em.
ReplyDeleteChristopher Moore might be the only one on your list whose works I've read.
ReplyDeleteNo clue about the Loestrin post traffic. Fully half of my hits each day are thanks to that stupid post - not sure how it's moving traffic to your site but, um, sorry? I don't know what to say. :)
Can my author be dead? Well, he is. Hemingway.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on this challenge...you're a better woman than I am :)
Guess who DID have interest. This girl. Took a break from the challenge today. Why? Because I make my own rules, that's why. BTW, I haven't read anything from your authors listed! Inept, I tell you! :)
ReplyDeleteI got Rowling's sidebookthingy as a gift awhile back. I couldn't finish it. It just wasn't the same. It was fun reading your posts for this challenge. Maybe one day I'll have the discipline for this one.
ReplyDeleteUntil then, I nominated you for a blog award in my latest post lol.