Best link of the day: http://waveatthebus.blogspot.com/
Trolldad waves at his son's bus every morning. The son's in high school. So awesomely embarrassing! I think I would've loved it if my friends did too.
Fun Video for Friday because Sunday should never be allowed to not let Friday go unacknowledged.
Found it here. Why are cursing kids so funny?
Day 28- A book you wish you'd never read.
I wish I'd never read books on Friday or Saturday nights whilst I was a young and vibrant girl in college. There were many a night where I stayed in and read a book, instead of going out with friends.
Okay, I really have no idea if that's a true story or if I'm just place-holding. Or if it's because I really don't want to tell you the answer that pops into my head EVERY time I ask myself what is a book I wish I'd never read.
It's not very shocking, truthfully. It's the Bible. I've read enough of it to know what it is about but not enough to have any intelligent discourse about it without sounding pedantic.
I hope that many of the things I believe are profound in nature...and this results in my inability to discuss them without being run roughshod by someone (general, could be anyone) who thinks they know more than me just because they've read the Bible and therefore all things spouted in quote format by said typical person, I cannot logically take as empirical. It could be that what is said is true, but it's the attitude of that said type that I cannot abide.
And so, I'm not going to say more than this: I wish I hadn't read it, but I did and that has made all the difference.
I think that would be a bit embarrassing to a high school kid. But he'll never forget it will he?!
ReplyDeleteI read the Koran once until someone told me it was a crime against religion to read that book if I wasn't devoted to Islam. Some parts of it were a little troublesome. It talked a lot about revenge...
ReplyDeleteI hope Allah doesn't drop a fiery ball of flame on my head while I sleep for reading his book...
If you like metaphors, The Bible is The Bible for that.
ReplyDeleteAhahahaha that made me laugh so hard... love it
ReplyDeleteI'm planning on doing that to my kid in HS... just to be a punk.
ReplyDeleteThat vid. Hilarious...
@LostinID: There's so many great things I'm going to do to mine too!
ReplyDelete@Jaimie: I'm assuming you're talking about bad andy
@Lance: I don't understand fishing metaphors.
@TMMW: Ah, comparative religion day. My favorite.
@BB: I should hope not. Ungrateful wretch of a teenager.