Fitting really. My coffee/tea mug got knocked off the end table and is now broken. Luckily, Natalie is okay and so am I. I didn't get to drink all of the tea, so Natalie "made" some to make me feel better.
Worked for two hours in the shop today and then went shopping/searching for some boots. I'm particular about this. I want brown leather biker boots without a lot of doodads and geegaws on them. Fur or lambswool is okay. I found a pair, but there were none in my size. Frown. Also, they're a little more than I was mentally prepped to pay. I'm still translating pounds into dollars and 79.99 is a lot in US dollars but it's even more when it's in pounds sterling. Roughly, they'd be about $120. I'm hoping for the equivalent of $60. We'll see. And so, it became lunch time and I had this:
 |
| Real china! |
 |
| Stilton Beef Casserole with Roast Potatoes and Peas. Schweppe's Lemonade in the cup. |
The casserole had these cheesy dumplings that were over-peppered and somewhat inedible for my palate. The overall taste however was pretty good. The potatoes had a nice crispy outer with fluffy innards. Peas were peas.
 |
| This was my view out the window while I ate lunch. That's the River Wear below and the Marriott Hotel at the top. |
This road will go right by St Oswald's and past the campus that contains the science center where Dan works. It wasn't until as I was leaving that I realized that you can see St Oswald's now from here because the trees are losing their leaves. So, sorry, no view up the hill.
Some food with a view. Not bad at all. Sorry to hear about the demise of your mug.
ReplyDeleteNice view! I just have a view of my cats and my tv! :)
ReplyDeleteLooked up Clark's Shoes and found a number of styles. Some on sale for $88.00. Most are made in England. Some in Brazil.
ReplyDeleteJust a thougt.
GM Suan
It was very sweet and thoughtful for Natalie to make tea for you. Was that a meatball in that bowl? Looked good! Do you ever ask for recipes or would that be a no no?
ReplyDeleteGM Susan
Of all things, I found the recipe on the internet! Sounds good. I'm having a taco chicken soup this evening. Should I have wine with that? Would the chicken be paired with white, red or rosa? I don't have any so would need to go to the store. I will that mark off my menu. I am going to the Hard Rock in Tulsa for Thanksgiving. What will you be doing? I guess it is not be a holiday there so will Dan go to school that day? Be sure to tell Natalie the story.
ReplyDeleteGMSusan
I've never thought to ask for recipes. I'd just do what you did and look it up online.
ReplyDeleteYou are correct; Thanksgiving is not a holiday here so it's business as usual.