Is the housewife making the sandwiches?
Mary Fallin is OK's new guv'nor. That woman makes history every day. Is it me, or did Jari Askins shoot too high too soon? Does she keep her Lieutenant Governor-ship since she lost? Mary Fallin's wiki is updated whereas Jari Askins' is not.
The education spending issue didn't pass. I probably would have voted against it because of the language. Nowhere have I seen any indication that Oklahoma needed funding at the regional level other than the recent massive operating budget cuts. Why make it illegal to not fund something when you can't afford it in the first place?
What if we did away with political parties and their platforms? Instead, we could have candidates that picked only ONE issue and run on that. I like a cafeteria and why not do this with parties? Some things from the Democratic platform I agree with and some I don't. Same with Republicans, t.e.a., Green, Communist...etc. Maybe it'd get rid of that feeling that you're choosing the lesser of the evil.
OKC got the top spot in the list of 'most affordable places to live'... followed by Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Rochester. Houston and Austin were on there too. I was proud but irked by the accompanying picture to the article. It was of Birmingham, Alabama. Not of OKC. Virtual slap to the face to that editor.
I am very distraught that Jari Askins did not win. Mary Fallin is a nice lady, but she has spent years in politics accomplishing nothing. Actually, that is her secret to success: "Do nothing and offend no one, and eventually run for governor or senator." Sadly, it has worked. I am a moderate and not a conservative, so it is difficult to be an Oklahoman right now.
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention the fact that we also elected a State Superintendent of Education who's profession is in dentistry and her only claim to education is that she founded two charter schools. Thank you Oklahomans who voted straight party Republican.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely voted yes for funding education. It's been a nightmare at schools because we have no money, and that includes the Obama stimulus which we will no longer get.
It was a horrible election night, one that makes me embarrassed to be an Oklahoman. We have made national headlines for our ignorance.
I didn't forget to mention the State Superintendent race... I forgot there was a State Superintendent race. Why does blogspot say Superintendant is wrong and Superintendent is right?
ReplyDeleteBecause it is spelled "super in ten dent"...that's how I taught it...four words in one?
ReplyDeleteGmom
I selected anonymouse (ha, ha) because the others didn't work.
ReplyDeleteI wrote you a really long note telling about the poppies. Then I selected the wrong "send" button and now can't find it, so tonight I did this one and it worked!
It is always a surprise but a warm feeling when I make the right selections. Don't forget to look up "In Flanders Fields".
gmom :)
Well done there gmom!
ReplyDelete