I think someone's making up this list of national days.
We had three knocks on our door on Halloween. Only three trick-or-treaters, can you credit that? How many did you have? Fireworks went off again last night. I'm assuming they'll go off again each night until Saturday.
We had their version of daylight savings this weekend. So, now Natalie is waking up naturally at 6 and falling asleep at 7. She would've probably been happy to get in bed at 6 last night. So, now we're only 5 hours ahead CST until you have your 'fall back', then it'll be back to 6 hours ahead.
Haven't heard from Dad about the rally, so I'm going to assume it was as boring for him as it was for me.
Was told something fairly surprising to me last night. Seems that Brits are aware of the midterm elections to be held today. That they even know of the word midterm is the eyebrow raising part. I know that presidential elections are a global media event (see history) but that citizens from a country other than ours would be concerned is interesting. This is related to my by Dan, who had this conversation over tea at work yesterday. I think the phrase was, "The world watches America."
So here's my next questions: Do you care about the equivalent to midterm elections in the UK? Did you know they had them last month (September)? Do you know there's two political parties in charge here because there was no clear mandate? Do you know the name of the prime and deputy prime ministers?
Honestly, if I wasn't paying attention at the time, would never have known that UK was experiencing political upheaval in April.
They even know what colors traditionally represent the Republicans and Democrats.
Election results are not in and I am going to bed. I guess I will find out in the morning which woman will be Oklahoma's first female governor.
ReplyDeleteAmerica Rocks.
xoxo