Tuesday, 4 January 2011

31 before 32

So I don't forget, the following is courtesy of the three year old, this morning while making breakfast.

Me: Try this. {hands kiwi slice to kid}


Nat: {licks once, twice}


Me: It's kiwi. It's a fruit.


Nat: Uh-uh momma. It's not fruit, it's dirt.




To the followers: I apologize if your dashboard is inundated with my posts. I've discovered  how to put my old blog posts on to blogger. I dunno if "new" "old" posts are showing up in your feed. If they are, mea culpa.

Letting you know that I think the funk I've been in has lifted. It was feeling like I was becoming so embittered by this move. It wasn't until yesterday when MIL helped to identify the what and why we're/I'm experiencing... Grief. I grieve for my car. I grieve for my refrigerator. Everyone grieves for that refrigerator.

I wrote on May 27 that my forseeable future is a Saturday. Was this the shock and denial stage? Sure, why not? But I think I'd rather be mentally there on that meadow at sunset than where I  was. At some point, don't know when, my life became late Sunday afternoon, the long dark tea-time of the soul. But now, it's time to get on with it. Right.

No one died and it was great to realize that I was being a spoiled brat. Is so nice to know that I can still pull it off at my age. But, like I said, time to move forward and be done with whining about what I no longer get to enjoy.

So what did it? Dunno, doesn't matter anyways. Maybe it's the list. 31 before 32. Come up with the appropriate number (your current age) of things you want to get done before your next birthday. So, 31 things before I turn 32. That, to me, seems to be a better round for KO'ing my boredom.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're back to your old self. Wait till you have to name 50 things...yikes! Never thought I'd get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. My birthday is fast approaching. Not sure I could do 26 things before 27!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice concept .... I have a long time to achieve 26 things as I celebrate late in the year

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BB: wait until you're 96! Then you might have just one thing on the list hurr hurr hurr.

    @Lauren: hmmm, don't know when your day of birth is. So happy unbirthday.

    @lani: thanks for stopping by and happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birthday is slowly approaching (Jan. 20) and I don't think I could even think of 19 things before 20!

    I just gave you an award over at my blog :) Stop by and see what's up!!

    http://jax9126.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jax: Thanks for the award. I have no idea how to implement it but I appreciate it all the same. I'd like to thank the Academy, for always having faith. And I'd also like to thank the citizenry...stay classy homies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...