![]() |
| Ohboi! Flor kleen! Yai, Happee! |
Getting to the big store is a two bus trip journey, so if I make the effort to get to the Tesco Extra, my expectation is that I should have no real problems with any of my purchases afterward. I needed a floor mop that would use my Tesco brand wet cloths for floors. Don't want them to go to waste.
I bought a brand new, Tesco-brand, Swiffer-style floor mop. It cost me £4.00. It replaced an equivalent bn,T-b, S-s fm that was here when we moved in but was in disrepair (read: broke-as-sh**).
In the beginning, I used that first floor mop like it was my own personal addiction prior to a 12-step. I didn't use it, it used me. And then, I decided to break the habit of using broke-as-sh** tools. I asked for help and received it in the form of a dry floor mop with fluffy blue tentacles that would snag up those dust bunnies and send them to the underbed in the sky. Trip to Tesco #1.
That particular purchase did not even attempt to uphold my standard of cleanliness. How can one be akin to a domestic goddess when one's floors aren't clean? Sadly, banisher of fuzzy rodent-like grey matter warped in storage...bent all out of shape and thus, became another broke-as-sh** tool
And so commenceth the beginning of this week:
I acquire the bn, T-b, S-s floor mop. I go back to bus stop and get on bus. I get on wrong bus. Bus drives me all around the county and drops me off in a town I don't live in and have only been through once. I walk to another bus stop 60 yards around the corner and wait for a new bus. I get on new bus. It takes me to Tesco. Luckily, the bus is going back to my bus station, so I can stay on this bus. Trip #2, no problems, I get home. The off-brand swiffer goes next to it's new home, the cupboard under the stairs. I use it the next day to sweep and mop. It broke.
![]() |
| I <3 reddit |
I call Tesco. I find out I can return the broke-as-sh** floor mop provided I have my receipt. PERFECT!
And you know what? They took it back! Thanks Tesco! Trip #3 is awesome!!!!1!
And then I got on the wrong bus again.
![]() |
| FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK |
TL;DR - I have broken cleaning supplies, I get new one that breaks, I take wrong buses trying to get home. I end up with no good cleaning supplies.
Bright side: floor's clean
Oh, and my washing machine's broken.





I can't remember life before my Swiffer!!!
ReplyDeleteOh dear! Sounds like Life mopped the floor with you!! Hee!Hee!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a glass of wine day!! Yikes!
ReplyDeleteSwiffer Schmiffer
ReplyDeleteoxxo
mumsey
man, it sounds like you have a hard time when it comes to trying to clean anything. I hope your luck changes soon!
ReplyDeleteI had my 21st birthday at the O'Connell's on Lindsey as well! I'm so sad to see it go!
Thank you for commenting on my post!
Holy geez, this one had my dying! I freakin' hate those days. And they are even worse when you are over here. Its like someone just has it out for you on days like that. And 71 Pounds for a Swiffer Wet Jet Starter Kit, you gotta be joking. What a rip off! I would just invest in a whole bunch of duct tape in case that baby breaks again. Maybe you can even use it to spot clean your clothes that aren't making it into the washer :) jk, here's hoping that you catch a break soon!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, so I love FoG/R and I ALSO had my 21st bday at O'Connell's. I'd specify it was on Lindsey, but that was the only one open at the time :)
ReplyDelete@BB: I can't either. And I loved the first time I used one.
ReplyDelete@TMMW: I'm totally standing up to it. I can take it.
@Lauren: Yes. Yes it was.
@TK: Love you too.
@Mallori: I sure do! And so much so that it is no longer a mundane topic and I had to write about it. Good grief.
@TGN: Nope...totally serious about the cost. I don't joke about money.
@Lauren again: That's because you're old... but I'm older! nyah nyah nyah nyah!
Hi Mollie! Just stumbled upon your blog today and have enjoyed reading it! I will be in a similar situation come next month. I'm moving from West Virginia to Ireland...not quite the U.K., but across the pond nonetheless. My husband is from Ireland so I'm going to be with him. I like reading your experiences...I anticipate similar ones:). Thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete@LRH: I appreciate your visit! Keep coming back, it works.
ReplyDelete