Yeah. I read this book. Today. All of it.
And obviously, the book was good. I got to sit by a huge window, drink some coffee, and eat the tastyhardawesomeness of Bourbon Chocolate Sandwich cookies. All for £1.10. So I hung out at the local library then moved to The Coffee House, Gregg's, and back to The Coffee House. Picked up the kid and the man, went out for curry. I like chicken tikka shashlick.
Why am I not surprised that 'shashlick' gets the red squiggly lines. It's the damn spelling from the menu!
Bus trip home. Now in a comfy t-shirt and the gray yoga pants the man stole from Autumn. THAT'S A FUN STORY! Save it for another time. [trollface]
Here's where I admit that getting out today was the first time I got out of the house (other than to the local Tesco) since last Friday. I am on a seriously extended three-day weekend, lull, vacay, holiday...whatever. When Natalie wasn't at St O's, I had more shape to the days because I made sure to get and and and and... well, provide her with opportunities and activities other than staring at a TV screen. And then we started to get on each other's nerves. Well, more me on hers than her on mine.
Here's a fun trollmom thing that I did to her...you recall a previous post where I vowed to call my farts 'the barking spider'? Well, at dinner two nights ago, kiddo lets it rip...and asks us if we heard that spider barking. The man is not amused and I'm like
Yup. Paving the road to her therapist's office with troll intentions. Hopefully his or her office is across the street from a library.



Your drawings make me happy:)
ReplyDelete@mum: oh jeebus, I wish I could claim them as my own. I got them from reddit...BUT the comments on them are my own.
ReplyDeleteAhhh I love reading a book in a day. Of course, I'm reading Hunt for Red October right now... definitely not reading that sucker in a day :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to be a trollmom too. Is there a guide book? There must be, this stuff is too rich for you to be making up :)
ReplyDeleteAlways making me laugh!
She'll get you back, so be careful.
ReplyDeleteNever had chicken tikka shashlick, or heard of it, is it pink?
Wow. I haven't read a book in one day in a long time. I'm jealous!! BTW... I have something for you in my last post.
ReplyDelete@Lauren: That's because you're a wuss and undisciplined. If you ain't committed...well, you ain't ready for the big leagues.
ReplyDelete@TGN: No guidebook yet. Let's write it!
@Eryl: She and I can go together! CTS is red red red red red. Sweet and sour.
@TMMW: You meditate, I read books. We all connect to a higher power in a variety of ways. Thanks for the award, pal.
lol I'll commit to reading some 400-500 pagers in a day.. well ya know, I probably could read it in a day if I was disciplined. You're right. Me = FAIL! All my Harry Potters have been read in a day. Not all 7 books... that would be impressive. I'm pretty sure impossible, actually. Speaking of HP, how much does it cost to ship things over seas? I wouldn't mind having the UK versions of them.
ReplyDeleteTo do it, one must cleanse one's agenda for a full day in order to achieve mastery.
ReplyDeleteAll 7 Harry Potter book in one day? Challenge accepted.
I don't rightly know how much to send the UK versions. I will check and let you know.
I nearly spit my coffee on the screen laughing at your little sketches haha!
ReplyDelete@LesleyRH: Glad to help clear your sinuses in anyway I can.
ReplyDeleteDid you seriously read The Forgotten Garden in ONE day? It's a frickin' LONG ass book!!!! I read it on Kindle, and didn't think it would ever end.
ReplyDeleteOf course it wouldn't. Kindles are the devil!
ReplyDelete