Had to ask ourselves
![]() |
| First line of defense was stupid. But honestly, it was my first time so it's bound to be a little stupid. |
![]() |
| Since bukkit was stolen, the mixing bowl was chosen. No, I'm kidding about the bukkit. |
![]() |
| And I love that man for doing the majority of the work. All I had to do was mop up the excess water that didn't make it into the pan and bowl. |
The smell. Oh sweet Jeebus, it was offensively odoriferous. Stagnant, tepid, fungal... and pouring straight out of a machine designed to clean with that water. Didja know that front loaders can develop lovely moldy spots on the inner seal ring? I didn't until I moved here.
But it wasn't all bad. Apart from the smell and generally ickiness... it got fixed. It works like a champ. Rewashed the clothes that were in there and was able to wash the towels used in the line of duty.
And the cause?
Me. My fault. Two hairpins and a paper clip. They got into the filter and were jamming the draining functionality of the filter and valve. Moral of the story? Clean your pockets out each and every time.






Lesson learned and all's well that end's well.
ReplyDeleteI once had a refridgerator that made Chewbacca noises... maybe you have a distant relative??
ReplyDelete@BB: You bet it was a lesson learned! Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDelete@TMMW: Happens to every guy sometimes this does.
Everything can develop mouldy spots in this climate, I'm sure my eyeballs have them.
ReplyDeleteGlad you managed to sort your washing machine problem. My sister phoned the other day and told me her washing machine had ripped holes in all her clothes because the drum disconnected and shredded itself.
@Eryl: Sure it can! I've got some interesting lichen growth on my car's window seals also! I'm so sorry about your sister's wm. Thank jeebus that didn't happen.
ReplyDelete