Tuesday, 7 December 2010

National Cotton Candy Day and National Remember Remember the Seventh of December.

Okay, I just made that last National Day up. But seriously folks, it caught me by surprise that today is December 7th. I can't remember the last time I didn't talk/learn/teach/listen to PSAs about 12-7-1941. Lemme tell ya, it ain't in the collective national consciousness here.

Today was the Tuesday performance of the Nursery/Reception classes' Nativity Play. Natalie is an angel and so that's what she was in the play. Hurka durr!
Doncha just love red-eyed pictures that capture the moment for eternal posterity?

I didn't go to today's performance because I was not assigned to today's performance. I'm assigned to the second one, on Thursday. Fine by me. They'll do better on Thursday. I'll be giving Dan's ticket away since he's in France. Hmmm... that's a gives me a good idea for the next poll.

Bought her a halo today, too late to be in the picture above. Found it in a card shop, so even though she didn't have it today, she'll have it for Thursday, the most important day. I told her it was an angel hat. She's currently sporting it while gazing intently into our hand-held mirror and speaking in a squeakier than normal voice.

Me: "What do you think about your halo?"

Nat: "My top! It's getting fluffy!"

True. Because it has little feathers that on it that obviously were taken from baby birds. Just so my kid can impersonate the heavenly host.

Been there, done that. When I was five-ish,  I attended a churchie school. Lutheran, maybe. Can't remember. Not important.  Anyway, I was a angel in that nativity play and I remember being ticked off that I didn't get the big speaking part. Gabriel.

It went to a girl who quite rightly (I know it now) should have it. I'm sure my mom and dad's memories are different... to them, she was a little kid who was probably mumbling or maybe she read with gusto. All I remember is falling on the damn stairs that they built to display all us kindergarteners so we could sing "Away in a Manger" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".





Apparently, not so much in Church of England schools. Nope, in C of E, angels are klutzes... not soaring sopranos and reverberating tenors as only five year olds can phrase.

You can also see another video on my youtube channel. mbrueokie.

Good news: My FBI background check came in!  Thanks very much Fibbies! And now, I can finally work. And get paid. Doing what I enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Well, and looks it, too, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to hearing about the play on Thursday. It's like Christmas, reading your blog. Hmmmm!??

    There was a lot of coverage here about the 7th.

    Also, Gene Simmons TV showed his visit to Anne Frank Museum after Kiss concert in Europe. Gene's own mother is a survivor of concentration camp. Her picture at age 13 looked so similar to Anne. Gene broke down and cried at the museum. He said to love your parents, grandparents and know their stories.
    Gene is much more than a Rock Star.

    I would love to see the Anne Frank Museum, too. SJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...