Wednesday, 8 December 2010

National Take It In the Ear Day

oh whatever that means!

Something interesting that I noticed...actually three things.

1) There are a variety of gargoyles in the market square. They are not typical gargoyles. They are birds. Little carven birds of a multitude of species. One would think that they are representative of the birds of the North East but when you notice the chameleon, you tend to change your mind. Pictures to follow soon.

2) I cannot upload a video on here to save my life at the same time while uploading to youtube. I hate this IP. If you've gone to my channel, it ain't on there yet. I'm working on it.

3) October and November each have 24 posts. I think to myself, wow. I could make that an actual thing each month.

Kept Natalie today *again* mainly because I'm a wuss when it comes to the two mile journey that takes 90 minutes to complete. Yes, we could walk, but the sidewalks are not cleared and there's hills and there's construction. So, must brave the elements and wait for the bus and hopefully, if it is convenient for the driver, be picked up in reasonable time frame. You will not believe how many buses are running routes, yet say they are Not In Service.

So why not take my P.O.S. car? Ladies and gentlemen, because I wish to make life a little more difficult. It's been declared SORN. Standard Off Road Notification. My wings are clipped. Please do not speak of this to us. It is not for discussion. Also, I felt it among the heights of idiocy to continue to pay tax on a car that is over 17 years old. I'd pay for a tag, but not tax. I'd pay for insurance, but not the fee to purchase insurance.  I want to rip some heads off. Again, this is not up for discussion. I'm merely enraged by the amount of circus one puts oneself through when owning a vehicle in this country.

***

My friend Lauren did some wonderful playing around with a picture that I posted here earlier... I share with you:

Lauren Helvey did all this.  I think that she made the picture something special. When is she going to start her own blog that I can follow and comment upon?  Thanks Lauren!



6 comments:

  1. I love the last two. Lauren is very talented!
    Yes, I voted ha ha.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24 posts! That's great.

    I used to post almost everyday, and then I realized it was impossible (for me at least) unless I wanted to do this blogging thing for a living.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. im lucky if i post 24 things in a whole year LOL... God love ya!!

    oh... and i like the nmiddle picture best... its cool how you can see the footprints in the snow on either side of the path, yet the people seem to be walking down the middle of the way... and it appears as if there are no footprints there at all... maybe i need glasses? ;)
    :) have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mum... Yes she sure is. Thanks for voting. It's a right and not a privilege.

    @fc...I've started to post more here because it is so user friendly. I was previously using a quite crappy blog interface...which did not encourage me to use it much.

    @michelle... You don't need glasses. Those people were, in fact, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY SMOKES!! theres 4 jesus-es? so the whole "trinity" thing is a farse? its a foursome? leave it to the children of GOD to one up the treesome thing eh?
    LOL

    *by the way... you left a comment on fickle cattle's" blog... and that is how i found you... just so you know :)*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...