Sunday, 5 December 2010

National Wear Brown Shoes Day was also the day we visited Santa's Grotto.

Me: Hey kiddo, you wanna give them some money?
Her: No.
Kids playing a brass quartet...they were very good, even if she didn't want to hand over the 20p. I know, I know. I'm cheap. But back off, Antoni! It was all the loose change I had.

In line for seeing Santa.

Santa's house.

Much excitement! And rightly so! for £3, Natalie got good conversation with Santa, did not have to sit on his lap, and got a wrapped present that cost more than the entry fee.

That's what it's like here. Some things are exorbitantly priced and others, well, you get some damn fine value out of it.

Like the merry-go-round, for instance. At 80p a ride...

...that gets that big of a smile? Yeah, is definitely worth it.

Army band, I think. Can't be too sure, since they seem to be wearing Santa hats in lieu of the feathered berets I saw earlier. So refresh!







7 comments:

  1. What does it say on the plaque on the bridge in the photo with Nat & the musicians?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue. Prolly saying it is the Silver St Bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mollie, Dan and Natalie. Great site and pictures of the family. Was in London 2 years ago, friendly people wonderful country.Sandy gave the address and I wanted to see how much Natalie has grown. What a cutie. Best wishes for the holiday, Love, the Ohio Brues..Jim Sue Chris and nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy I checked your blog! Beautiful pics of Natalie!
    Seeing the joy on Natalie's face talking to Santa is all the Christmas a Grandmother needs. Millions of Brownie points to Mollie. Big! Huge! Also, love back to the Ohio Brue's. Merry Christmas! SJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    This is Great Grandma Clara. Loved seeing Natalie and how she has grown. Merry Christmas!
    Lots of love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...