Friday, 3 December 2010

National Roof Over Your Head Day

   This accordion musician is usually to be found on the Silver St Bridge in rain, snow, or sun. I have always enjoyed hearing him playing, even if he doesn't play much variety. For me, is one of the things here that mean "Durham". Today, he wasn't playing his usual song. He was playing 'Frosty the Snowman'. IMMD!

And I'm grateful for that. And for potable water. And non-frozen sewer pipes. Our sewer pipe is exposed to the elements! So weird.

St Oswald's was open today and thank goodness. From the moment Natalie woke up, it was snap snap snap snap at mommy. Dan commented on it and got on to Nat for it. And you know what? I hadn't realized she was crabby until he said something and then it was BANG. I could see it then.  So we got out in good time, standing room only on the bus. Natalie was very good on the bus. She most always is.

I've taken a few pictures for you because it seems that I get more traffic when I have pictures than not.

First: Last night's dinner: Roast chicken, stuffing and BRUSSELS SPROUTS! Hey hey hey calm down now. This was a dinner of firsts: first time to roast chicken, first time to roast BrusSprouts, first time to use 15 pence stuffing. And it was very very very very very good!
No, that's a chicken. My oven is really small.
Apologies. I didn't get to my camera fast enough before Dan found the chicken.
This is the appropriate amount for two people and a 3 year old to consume.  But dear sweet goodness,  did I have gas later that night!
"Do you know what the word 'nada' means? In all those Mexican films you made, did you ever pick up what it means?" "Isn't it a light chicken gravy?"
Aah! I don't recommend the chicken Bisto. But beef Bisto ain't bad. I'd eat beef Bisto straight.
First clear day in a week.

Went shopping today. I had three objectives: purchase a coat, try on the boots at Clark's, get shoes for Natalie's nativity play. The place: Prince Bishops shopping mall.
Signs posted at intervals warned shoppers to beware of falling snow. There was music playing on outdoor speakers. Quite festive. At the end of this lane is Santa's Workshop.



5 comments:

  1. Great blog, kid. Love the pix. Your photos are wonderful.xoxo
    <Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there: Fish & Chips, plum pudding, mince pies...oh the pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa's Workshop? When are you three going to see Santa? Look forward to those pictures, too. Jingle Bells Jingle Bells..... Boy, I wish we all could come to dinner at your house, too! Yummy! Love ya, SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mum: Thanksverymuchasalways.
    @Nick: welcome, welcome, welcome. Nice to have new visitors. Myself, have never had plum pudding or mince pies, but will be trying it this year.
    @SJ: today maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures, as always. I especially love the walking bridge one. Also, chicken looks good.. and that's a small oven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...