![]() |
| source |
25 years. I loved this movie then, I love it now, cheese and all. I was
![]() |
| source |
But not anymore.
![]() |
| source |
Any man who can be a pretty pretty princess is a cuddlybuddly man.
shrugs and walks away to drool on
![]() |
| source |
I think I made the right choice. And this love affair has lasted for 25 years. I'd like to thank my mom for renting that damn movie over and over, along with Top Gun, The Neverending Story and the cartoon about the spacebear named Teddy. Oh, and the Care Bears movies also.
I went to a karaoke night here when we first arrived...oh, I'd say within the first few weeks. I sang David Bowie songs. I rock 'China Girl' and 'Suffragette City' every chance I get. I wouldn't say it went over well; the regulars liked my version of 'Mack the Knife' best and even then it was only a lukewarm clapping.
I haven't been back since.




I had no idea that CCTV was China televsion. I thought it stood for closed circuit too! haha.
ReplyDeleteOh, and how I love the jukebox scene in Top Gun. Someone drops the quarter in, he hears their song, and one of the greatest moments in all of movie history happens when he turns around and smiles. Swoon! Too bad he freaks me out now. That is a shame :(
HOW COULD I FORGET THAT SCENE!? I had it happen to me in real life!
ReplyDeleteAugh.
I love the tight pants David Bowie wore in the Labyrinth!! MEOW!!
ReplyDeleteWe are having a worse snow storm that last year's and that weas to be the storm ofthe century. Winds 60 sustaining MPH snf 5-6 foot drifts.
ReplyDeletegmom
Google or bing (whatever) walking gorillo. This gorillo is in the zoo inn Kent. fascinating. Looks like the evolution picture.
ReplyDeleteNatalie will like this one
Snow........12 inches..........drifts 6-7 feet.Sustained wind 55 MPR
gmomsusan
interstates closed...
ReplyDeleteBigger than last year's storm. On national news.
I'm cozy with a good pot of chicken vegetable soup. Like a tortilla soup............yum.
:)
Love Bowie too. Did you see, oh god I can't remember the name, the film with Seu Gorge (sp?) singing Bowie songs on a ship's deck and playing acoustic guitar. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteI used to love Top Gun. I watched it over and over and over. In truth...I still love the movie.
ReplyDelete@TMMW: I knew you would. Perv.
ReplyDelete@Anonymous Grandmother: I love soup on cold days. Stay warm, wouldja?
@Eryl: Seu Jorge? Had to wikipedia it. The movie you're thinking of is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. No, I didn't see it...dammit.
@Cake: Who doesn't love Top Gun? Communists love it! Nationalists love it! Atheists too!
I found you from Weekend Wanderer on FTLOB--you're funny! I can't quite believe that a news station would use Hollywood film footage...craziness.
ReplyDeleteI loved all of those movies too.
ReplyDeleteEspecially The Care Bears movie with the magician's assistant kid and the floating green head witch!
@TriGirl- Thanks for stopping by! It's amazing what the Chinese can do... A pair of shoes for $1.54! Amazing!
ReplyDelete@Erin- That movie is currently played at the average rate of twice a day here, in my house.