Most anybody who knows me, knows that I like driving. We have had some nice vehicles since we got together, but Dimples is not one of them.
Meet Dimples.
Dimples ain't road legal so he just sits there. If I want a road trip, I'm taking the bus. On Monday, Natalie fussed over not getting to ride the pink double decker. I totally get her. I want to ride it too! But we were on the way to school and I couldn't be bothered to take an hour-long detour just then. So, I promised her a ride on the pink bus on Tuesday. And I kept my promise! Sort of...
We rode the yellow double decker. Not my fault though. I tried. We got on a pink double decker. The bus driver convinced us me that that was not the bus we wanted because we wouldn't be able to return via that same bus. Whatever. I quit listening because I knew I was going to have to extract a thrashing, trilling three year old from her perch at the top. However, she was quite the little lady about the whole mom screwup fiasco. Only did her little "Oh." sound. Really. It's the sound you make when you've asked for a donut at Krispy Kreme only to be told they've just sold out.
So, as we're backing out of the station dock...in pulls a pink bus...and it's going to the right place and coming back to the right place. *facepalm* Here, let me show you in case you've never seen it.
But...apparently, we had the more scenic of the two trips...Durham to Newcastle = not as scenic as Durham to Consett. Consett's basically Durham but without the Cathedral, Castle, or River. It's like the difference between Lexington and Purcell.
We rode for a while, got off and walked around for a bit, then got back on the bus to head home. Here, I'll just share with you...
Trip Buddy and Toby
Windmills on the horizon.
Lanchester High Street
Lanchester Library
A Canadian and American bar? It had both flags!
Running to the church.
Hurry up Mom!
Fig Newtons mean road trip. Every time I go on a long drive, I gotta have my fig newtons. But these'll do too. Tesco, you never fail me.
Lanchester Library again.
Tired and fussy. Natalie was too.
Lanchester is the site of the Longovicium Roman fort. I sure did like the look of Lanchester's library. I have a thing for bibliotheques.
In honor of FabFriendsFriday... I have a friend who's restarting her blogjourney. Would you care to show her some love? She's a real life friend...she's cute, perky, nightowlish, and hella fun to be around. Go say hi to Lauren.
Love the pictures, not sure if I had seen any of your mini me before. Looks like ya'll had a great adventure. And I hope you rocked sunglasses at least half as cool as hers!
@TGN: Of course my sunglasses are awesome. I'm wearing them, ain't I? @BB: Thanks! she's pretty great. @Gary: East Durham, land of the zombies. @Tanya: Thanks for stopping by! @Cake: I knew you would. @LesleyRH: I honestly had no idea that the video camera was on. Uff. @Ada: Eh, a pink bus is the same as any bus...dirty. @Fran: The honor is mine. @Lisa: Road trip, and yeah, it was fun.
Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!
Love the pictures, not sure if I had seen any of your mini me before. Looks like ya'll had a great adventure. And I hope you rocked sunglasses at least half as cool as hers!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Little one is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI've been to Lanchester. They don't bury the dead there. They stand them up in bus shelters.
ReplyDelete*drum sting*
Love, love, love all the pictures! Found you through the Be Joyful blog hop.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.stickburbia.com/
I want to ride on a PINK bus!
ReplyDeleteSo loving the facepalm video!
ReplyDeleteA pink bus sounds amazing! Sounds like you had a great road trip. Who doesn't love a library, eh?
ReplyDeleteFound you over at the Be Joyful blog hop. This post brought back great memories of the weekend trip I took to Durham when I lived in London!
www.ofwoodsandwords.com
Buses are just the best way to get around, no doubt about it. And pink buses? You're made.
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures from your tour! :) Quite the amazing adventure you're having. Thanks so much for linking up! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDelete@TGN: Of course my sunglasses are awesome. I'm wearing them, ain't I?
ReplyDelete@BB: Thanks! she's pretty great.
@Gary: East Durham, land of the zombies.
@Tanya: Thanks for stopping by!
@Cake: I knew you would.
@LesleyRH: I honestly had no idea that the video camera was on. Uff.
@Ada: Eh, a pink bus is the same as any bus...dirty.
@Fran: The honor is mine.
@Lisa: Road trip, and yeah, it was fun.
I love the pictures! Your daughter is so cute. I want her sunglasses they are so cool :D
ReplyDelete