C'mon. It's only 2 minutes and change long. Watch it. Let me know what you think. Ah... if it sounds familiar, it's because it was used in a few commercials:
The xx's song "Intro" was extensively used on television: most recently in the first episode of HBO/NHL series 24/7 Pens-Caps Road To The 2011 Winter Classic, as well as in an AT&T commercial featuring Apolo Anton Ohno; often during NBC's coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, Canada;[13] during the series Cold Case; for the BBC News Newsnight coverage of the 2010 general election;,[14] on Mercy ("The Last Thing I Said Was" episode) and also in Law & Order on the Dutch television network Net 5. It was also used as the opening theme of Next Top Model.
Here's another if you don't want to do a bunch of leg work.
This (and other songs too) is what I've been listening to as I've been working on a rough draft of the story I've had kicking around in my head for about a year or so.
Hey, here's a blast from the past and by past, I mean the 1980s. We went out looking at the charity shops here on the High Street of the village I live in. Found a DVD with five episodes of My Little Pony, Jem, Charmkins, and Moondreamers. I had lots of MLPs when I was little but I also had a Jem Doll! Anyone else? So getting to watch it with kiddo is kind of fun. Who doesn't like them some crazy pink eyeshadow that covers the cheekbones?

I loved My Little Pony as a kid.
ReplyDeleteDid you also watch Rainbow Bright? For two consecutive birthdays, I had a My Little Pony one year and Rainbow Bright the next (maybe the order was switched, I can't remember) but man did I think I was cool...haha!
JEM is truly truly truly outrageous! I used to love watching her while getting ready for school... LOVE your blog. I'm a newer follower. We live in the states but husband is from the UK.
ReplyDeleteJEM!!! I had a Jem doll...she stood on a plastic mini star stage and she spun around. And she had star earrings...oh, I miss her! My BFF actually made me get her the Jem series on DVD as a Christmas gift a few years ago...she is still obsessed with Jem.
ReplyDeleteMy granddaughters loved My Little Pony. I will listen to these another time. As I have the pc on mute while Bruce is watching something. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLoved this song. Definitely not David Bowie. :)
ReplyDeletePS) I always have rough drafts going on stories in my crazy head too.
PSS) I want Jem's hair.
It does have a cool sound....not as good as the Holograms in concert. LIVE.
ReplyDeleteThat is very cool and kind of quirky
ReplyDelete@KT: Sure did! Had the doll too! Heh.
ReplyDelete@Cassie: Great to see ya.
@LRH: What does the R stand for?
@BB: Earphones? I have an extra set.
@Rach: You're right. Heh.
@Copy: I checked them out. I'm not a big fan of girlpop/punk. New Wave and Rockabilly, that's me.
@David: Like me, eh?
Jem, Jem is truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous!I was just the other day trying to explain Jem to my husband (we were talking about shows that we watched in the morning before school when we were much much much younger).
ReplyDeleteI love love love the xx!
First, I'm totally loving the music. It's sort of like if The Cure screwed house/dance music and had a love child.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I was more of a She-Ra girl as a kid. You know, the whole sword-wielding Amazon woman with a corset look was totally my womanly ideal.
The R stands for Rae...my middle name...good question lol.
ReplyDeleteI meant to thank you for the iphone photo location tip. I totally bamboozled my husband for not giving me that heads up first. I usually shoot with my Canon but do have random phone pics on my blog so it was good info. You can fix it in your phone settings. . . Or so I was told.
ReplyDelete@AC: Glad you could make it! What other shows did you watch in the morning?
ReplyDelete@A!MEE: I'll see your She-Ra and raise you a Cat-Ra.
@Lesley: lolwut!
@Rach: No prob. Geotagging. Who knew?
Jem?! Haven't seen that chick in decades! I use to love the show and had the Jem doll AND lunchbox. And, admittedly (and pathetically), I still have all of my original My Little Ponies... in a duffel bag... packed away in the basement closet under the stairs.
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to think you are my long lost sistah. That song was awesome. And Jem? I LOVED Jem and totally wanted to be in her band. Did you have the tape too?
ReplyDeleteHey, are you on The Twitter? Get yo'self on there so I can stalk you more.
OMG nobody ever remembers Moondreamers!!! I still have my little pink-haired doll and that weird bear thing she rode! :)
ReplyDelete