Wednesday, 9 February 2011

National Toothache Day

And it's a-happy to see you!  Went out to the MetroCentre in Gateshead (finally!) and got to spend time walking around in an honest-to-goodness mall. Was told by the employee at Lush that it's the biggest of its like in the EU. Whoosh.

Ate a Bramley Apple Pie with custard. It was warm and tasty. My first time with hot custard.

It didn't look like this in the advertisement. Le sigh.

And this... THIS IS LUSH!!!  I heart Lush



It's like a Whole Foods store or International Deli. XD

My hands still smell good!  


This week I received two awards...those posts are coming... I'm thinking about what to say. I've got DMB's What Would You Say in my head.

Oh. I apparently haven't lost my American accent. The bus driver for our road trip to Consett asked me where I was from. Also, I volunteered at the Shop on Monday. A customer told me I sounded like Dolly Parton. 

I wish it had been that I looked like Dolly Parton. She's so sweet, she gives people a toothache.

I love you so hard, by the way. Thanks for all that you said about that love letter from Monday. I wrote it, laughing pretty much with each line and for you to also laugh...well, that's the stuff of angels' eyeboogies. Thanks. 


14 comments:

  1. For the sum of $50,000 you could look like Dolly Parton. Call Dr. Plastic Surgeon. haha. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to go make pie and custard now, my that looks so good!
    Love your blog, you live in my dream country, so it's nice to read about your UK-ish adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BB - Thankyouverymuch Bloggy Godmother.

    @RM- There you are! Was wondering when you'd show up :) Come back anytime! I did try to comment on your blog, but...alas. It no worky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it honestly would have made my day if someone told me I sounded like Dolly Partin. I love love love her. "Takes a lot of money to look this cheap" haha. Seriously jealous of the 'mall' btw. And that Lush store is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thanks for reminding me I need to go to Whole Foods! lol.. This unfortunate sleeping schedule I'm on makes it hard to go to the store. I really need to go tho because Nathan's birthday is tomorrow and I'm supposed to make him pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a diet and I will pay you $25 (American) if you let me lick your fingers after each trip to Lush. Use a Fed Ex box to get them to me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah yes - Consett is such a romantic spot. The downside of the sweet stuff is the British system of dentistry, though. I still have nightmares..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @TGN: Oh my stars, it truly was awesome.
    @Lauren: Make banofee pie!
    @TMMW: $25 American? Pfft.
    @David: Totally romantic. Place was strewn with rose petals. As far as dentistry, our one visit (kiddo) almost made me agree with socialized medicine...almost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You actually make Lush look and sound desirable, but it always gives me a stonking headache.

    Apple pie and custard is an English institution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eryl...I...I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry that you get a cutely described pain in your noggin when you pass a Lush store. While in the store and even after leaving it, I felt like I had smoked some illegal plant. It is sad you don't get to have that. Ah well, c'est la vie. At least you've got a smokin' hot talent for food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that custard doesnt look good to me. i dont know about the taste tho

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha... angels eyeboogies I haven't heard that used in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LUSH is one of those places that you get so excited about when someone else also loves LUSH!

    Love the bus ride....my kids are begging me to ride on the double-level bus...when it warms up I think we will take a long ride and then have my husband come pick us up. What a great day!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. @mrecan: it looks weird but tasted great.
    @Jax: Really? Thought I was being OG. Damn.
    @THW: Do you love LUSH? And when it's cool outside is the best time to take a double decker bus ride... at least here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...