Saturday, 21 May 2011

Days 11 & 12, including Fun Video Friday

CHEESY LYRIC ALERT- C-c-c-c-combo! 1UP!

Days go by and still I think of you
Given in the lines, written in the pages
Days when I couldn't live my life without you

Day 11- The Book that made you fall in love with reading

Ah, reading. Blessing and curse. I've already read the two books I checked out this week. Reading is like heroin, I guess. My own personal brand of heroin (GAG!)


I have always been in love with reading since day one of my life... so no one particular book gets this honor.

Day 12- A book so emotionally draining you couldn't complete it or had to set aside for a bit
Yeah, this day is one that I hate to admit ... that I couldn't power through, but the book was called "Damage" and I have no real inclination to say more about it. I couldn't even tell you who it's by.

Rented The Neverending Story and watched it with kiddo. That child, she's a hardcore little girl. I used to get scared by G'mork... not her. And in the Swamps of Sadness, she's shouting at Atreyu, "Don't be afraid! It's just a turtle!"

Hell, I was tearing up whenever the Ivory Tower was on the screen... Kiddo's contemplating her navel. She liked it though, but I don't think it beats My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in her mind.

And the following is for all you Bon Jovi lovers (I'm looking at you TexaG!) and appreciators of the great years of Techno... I submit the sublime Orbital for Fun Video Friday


10 comments:

  1. nice music in the video, also, who isnt a bon jovi fan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book(s) that made me crazy about reading were the Bobbsey Twins and the Nancy Drew series. I was about 7 or 8 when I started reading them and after that there was always a book in my hand either from the book store or from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video literally gave me the chills. I am such a nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @ the GAG.. I second it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was instantly singing! my hubby wasn't amused... :) I can always appreciate that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Secret Seven books by Enid Blyton. And the original Robert E. Howard Conan stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I whore around with books, I am getting tired of posting a book a day. But I keep calm and carry on, just like the Brits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gagging on Twilight quotes, are you? FOR SHAME! I've been in a self absorbed blanket of stress lately. FOR SHAME on me. I'll be back to myself soon, Bif. I LOVE The Neverending Story!!!! Probably on the top 10 list of all time. MLP Friendship is Magic always wins in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, yes! Awesome! Love it :) And I think that the Neverending Story still freaks me out a bit. But what a great movie. Glad the little one liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @tigey: Isn't it the best?
    @BB: Nancy Drew is the girl! Mystery of the Clock!
    @Dwija: I know right? And that wasn't even the one I wanted to post! Ah well, can't get vids from 1998 I guess.
    @Lauren: Someone has to.
    @Jaimie: Don't get me embroiled in matrimonial furor!
    @Tony: Enid Blyton...Britain's Hemingway for kids.
    @Selena: I wouldn't if I were you.
    @Rachel: (cowers insolently before rallying) Neverending Story is the shiz!
    @TGN: It was touch and go there for a moment, but we pulled through and maybe there'll be a second showing. Was hoping you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...