I thought I wouldn't like Vicki, but I just might... if she keeps up the levelheadedstreetness she exhibited in the first episode. And yet, Charlotte-Letitia will most likely stay my fave.
I care nothing for the gym bunnies, ahem...boys. The old guy is cool(ish) though.
After watching Geordie Shore last night, I've decided I need another go at a night out with the lads in Newcastle. We attempted it, sort of, with the Christmas Curry Dinner...but because we hadn't completely shed our Sensible Ladies' persona, it was a bit tame.
I think, that if I were to go full out using fake eyelashes, hair extensions and some spray tan along with a short dress and high heels, then I can get a "native" experience. I'm thinking of calling it "Midsummer's Night Out"... whatchoo think? Missy, you up for it?
Day 17- Book turned movie and completely desecrated.
I mentioned it earlier this week... but Michael Ende's The NeverEnding Story ain't what you see on celluloid, kids.
FOR INSTANCE, raise your hand if you know the Child-like Empress' name? Ah...just a couple of you. Well, the movie ends basically a scene or two after the Empress gets a new name and Bastian goes nuts with Falkor.
But in the book, it's only the middle. The story's just getting started... remember? The NeverEnding Story?
| source |
Apparently, there's a new adaptation in the works, thanks to Leonardo diCaprio. He's such a child of the 80s. Probably why. Look for it in 2014!
I always feel like such a failure as I have never read the Neverending Story. I don't think I've seen the film either?!
ReplyDeleteHahah!! That night sounds pretty cool! I need to shatter some illusions- I verty rarely fake tan, I don't frequent the hotspots the shore go to and I can't drink half as much as them - well unless it's just vodka!! I do know a few things about geordie dress code. Back in the day I wuold rock mini skirts, tiny top, stiletto heels and no coat. Even in snow. I still have this in me... I'm just getting old haha!!! If you're up in town for a night out we should definitly catch up for a drink..or two!
You are any but a failure. You're pretty dang cool if'n you ask me.
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you :-) I do try to be cool haha!!
ReplyDeleteLol, I may have to read this one. However, there were like 5 movies made so maybe it was in the middle??? If you wanna watch good go to crap in the span of a day... After 2, maaaaybeee 3 maybe (been awhile), they were awful!
ReplyDeleteGreat reading yoour blog post
ReplyDelete