Saturday, 28 May 2011

Day 20 or Why I love Barney Stinson

Have you noticed that there's a couple of books out there, dealing with race relations, that have the word 'kill' in the title?

A Time to Kill
To Kill a Mockingbird

Is this on purpose? Is there a greater conspiracy at hand?

Day 20- A book you would recommend to an ignorant/racist/close-minded person
source 



Only 10 more days of this crap to go. I'm ecstatic.  Why do I keep doing this? Because it's a CHALLENGE and this is how I feel when there's a challenge before me:

7 comments:

  1. I loved A Time to Kill. What I really loved...watching Matthew McConaughey in the film adaptation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read almost all of Grisham's books. A Time To Kill was great and so was the Chamber. But my all time favorite was The Firm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barney! He is my secret boyfriend, did you know?

    I never read A Time to Kill, but I did see the movie. He's yummy and seems so *smart* in it. True cinema magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I wish I could comment on your 31 before 32 list.

    Badonkadonk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would refer the bigoted person to the film because I doubt they're literate enough to read the book.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best (and eye-opening) scenes of fiction/cinema for sure! We were just talking about this scene the other day when J received a book for graduation from my grandpa (a fellow attorney) called I Remember Atticus...it is a collection of short stories written by trial lawyers which I want to read too even though I'm not a lawyer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...