Day 13- Favorite Childhood Book
![]() |
| source |
or
![]() |
| source |
Which would you have picked? Please tell me you've read Hound and Bear.
I like Hound and Bear for the story but I like the Berenstain Bears books for the illustrations. I'm good at illustrations. But Tomie dePaola has to have a nod. And the Steven Kellogg.
See my illustration? I call it "People of the Northeast"
![]() |
| Caricatures of archetypical customers who came in last week. |
I'm so damn proud of myself.
Anyway, Hound and Bear is about Hound and Bear. They're friends who live with each other. Friends that is, until Hound plays one too many pranks and gets kicked out of the house by Bear.
Oh the joie de vivre of Hound! Oh the hirsute steadfastness of Bear! Ages 4-8 is the recommended range, but the prank-loving adolescent in you will love it, especially the black paint episode.
And the illustrations! Ooooh! Simple line drawings! The use of one bright color amidst the greys! Steven Spielberg was inspired and hijacked that idea!
Okay, so Hound and Bear wins and the Berenstain Bears have to get on the train. At least there's more than one of them, so they'll have company.
Happy Sunday all y'all.



I think I missed out on Hound and Bear. Now looking back on it, it seems my childhood has a big black swirling black hole void where Hound and Bear should have been! As another bear I did know might say: Oh Fluff and Stuff!!
ReplyDeleteOH "In the dark!" I LUVD that book!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a HUGE fan of the Berenstain Bears - always loved them as a kid, so they get my vote.
ReplyDeleteUhm... I've never read either.
ReplyDeleteBut, I LOVE your illustration!!
Ah the Berenstein Bears! No contest! Thanks for bringing back that memory!
ReplyDeleteGood work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.Play bazaaris very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs
ReplyDeleteLovely blogg you have
ReplyDelete