I'm so appreciative of any human who gets into animal costumes in order to brighten other people's day while getting paid to do so. But I think that particular Disney employee went above and beyond. Having personal knowledge of what it feels like to wear an oversized animal head as part of a costume, I say to her or him inside, "well played good sir."
And wow! 100 followers? Mmmph, weird. I say hi and thanks?
![]() |
| This is a new one on me! |
Thanks muchness to Erin of My Beautiful Disaster. I'm sure I'm supposed to have a different picture but this was what was there and as I've always known, maybe you as well, that I like to screw around with rules and let my toe creep over the line that gets drawn by THE MAN. How's that for mixing metaphors and run-on sentencing? Anyhow, Erin is pretty dang cool. She's the one that came up with the idea for a candy swap. She has penpals. She features people on her blog by asking them to tell about where they live and their traditions and holidays. She has a spooky stories collection from her readers' homeplaces. She's got that 1940s pinup style. She's an all-around neat cat.
Ten Things I Love.
1. Coffee.
Thank goodness for the era of European exploration and colonization and exploitation. Right now, I'm drinking some Starbucks Komodo. Cue Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion.
Thank goodness for the era of European exploration and colonization and exploitation. Right now, I'm drinking some Starbucks Komodo. Cue Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion.
2. Reddit
Do I talk about this website enough? Is source for much of my muchness.
Do I talk about this website enough? Is source for much of my muchness.
3. Third Spaces
Third Spaces are the places you spend your time but do not do anything related to your home, religion, or job. Bookstores, libraries, parks, malls, sports arenas...these are a few examples. Sadly, many Third Spaces (BORDER'S) are closing. Gah. I think I'd like to be a member of an improv group called Third Space. What's your third space?
4. Days Off
4. Days Off
For me, it is usually going to be Mondays. So when y'all are complaining about Monday, complain in remembrance of me. Because I'm having a blast and you likely aren't.
5. Getting to go out with Dan to play poker.
Expensive but totally worth the £30 for the babysitter. And the babysitter is an awesome girl.
6. Getting to go out with friends to see a movie.
Also expensive but worth it for the conversation and relaxation I accrue. How else would I know that my friend thinks the Queen is a robot and will die because she can no longer update her software as an obsolete model. Also her robot status is why she doesn't fart...but I heard "fat" because sometimes English accents hurt my ears. There were hand gestures employed for my clarification. I also feel that conversation is a great way to pass on American style conspiracy theories to my British friends, about the Royal Family. Hairlines, specifically.
Wait until you get a whiff of my correlation between Smurfs and communism. HIGH-LARRY-US!
7. Good Conversation
Because it's food for thought and digestion and upwards expulsion. Good conversation can soothe or rile. I like both.
8. Trips to the Library
Immersion in a third space is a balm to me. Granted, the library I frequent is poorly and could use more of everything...space, selection, quantity, activities. But that's the opinion I hold if I choose to continue measuring it against the style of library I am used to. If I don't, then it's a great place to sit in a chair in front of a WALL OF WINDOWS while drinking a beverage and eating a biscuit you purchase from the library because YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK IN THIS LIBRARY AT THE SAME TIME!
Some things about this country are nuts. Others make tons of sense. Finding the ones that make sense is hard but so rewarding once found.
9. Making breakfast
Cocowheats, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, yogurt, apples, bananas. When your choices are simple, breakfast is simple. I should eat breakfast three times a day. I do like making dinner, but kiddo is still not willing to eat many of the things I make. Yeah, yeah. I'm a short order cook of PB&J sammiches primarily. But whatever I make her for breakfast, she eats it. Except for eggs. Most times.
10. Neat Websites other than reddit...
Thanks to Delilah @ Unruly Helpmeet for the Keep Calm-o-matic poster generation. I know some of you really want to purchase one of these posters. Well, the story of the poster itself is neat and if you'd like to help out a bookstore, then check out Barter Books. They "discovered" it. I made one using the Keep Calm-o-matic poster generation:
5. Getting to go out with Dan to play poker.
Expensive but totally worth the £30 for the babysitter. And the babysitter is an awesome girl.
6. Getting to go out with friends to see a movie.
Also expensive but worth it for the conversation and relaxation I accrue. How else would I know that my friend thinks the Queen is a robot and will die because she can no longer update her software as an obsolete model. Also her robot status is why she doesn't fart...but I heard "fat" because sometimes English accents hurt my ears. There were hand gestures employed for my clarification. I also feel that conversation is a great way to pass on American style conspiracy theories to my British friends, about the Royal Family. Hairlines, specifically.
Wait until you get a whiff of my correlation between Smurfs and communism. HIGH-LARRY-US!
7. Good Conversation
Because it's food for thought and digestion and upwards expulsion. Good conversation can soothe or rile. I like both.
8. Trips to the Library
Immersion in a third space is a balm to me. Granted, the library I frequent is poorly and could use more of everything...space, selection, quantity, activities. But that's the opinion I hold if I choose to continue measuring it against the style of library I am used to. If I don't, then it's a great place to sit in a chair in front of a WALL OF WINDOWS while drinking a beverage and eating a biscuit you purchase from the library because YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK IN THIS LIBRARY AT THE SAME TIME!
Some things about this country are nuts. Others make tons of sense. Finding the ones that make sense is hard but so rewarding once found.
9. Making breakfast
Cocowheats, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, yogurt, apples, bananas. When your choices are simple, breakfast is simple. I should eat breakfast three times a day. I do like making dinner, but kiddo is still not willing to eat many of the things I make. Yeah, yeah. I'm a short order cook of PB&J sammiches primarily. But whatever I make her for breakfast, she eats it. Except for eggs. Most times.
10. Neat Websites other than reddit...
Thanks to Delilah @ Unruly Helpmeet for the Keep Calm-o-matic poster generation. I know some of you really want to purchase one of these posters. Well, the story of the poster itself is neat and if you'd like to help out a bookstore, then check out Barter Books. They "discovered" it. I made one using the Keep Calm-o-matic poster generation:
Another fun website is Wordle. You make "word clouds". Thanks to Danielle at Mostly Food and Crafts
The academic possibilities for this is infinite.
I now pass on this BTA (blogger transmitted award for those of you not in the know, which is all of you because I made it up) to the following blogs that I love:
I now pass on this BTA (blogger transmitted award for those of you not in the know, which is all of you because I made it up) to the following blogs that I love:
I mean him, not her.
and Caleb

I never knew Mickey had it in him! Love it!
ReplyDeleteHave I told you lately that I am still LOVING my goodie box!! :)
And 100 followers, congrats! That is an awesome feeling.
Oh, And please don't visit my blog today, I don't want your blog herpes :)
Have a great Sunday, and since Mondays are our day offs too, I will be enjoying it along with ya!
LOVE it! Michey rocking it out like he's Usher. Superb for a Sunday....
ReplyDeleteI obviously meant MicKey....oops ;)
ReplyDeleteWoah - and THANKYOU for the shout out!! The blog love is mutual - as is the love for Borders. Adn Third spaces. I'm loving that concept - they are my LIFE! Happy Sunday lady x
ReplyDeleteWow!! I love Mickey- he totallt took it to the kid! Go Mickey! Congrats on the 100 followers...I'm not to far off and keeping fingers crossed for 100 followers for my 100th post(9 to go I think)- now that would make the awesome list haha!!Have a lovely Sunday, the weather is finneee again! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award! I loved your list! When I was a newspaper reporter I had my own column: This Day in Local History. In search for local history I ended up in this tiny little town that had the most amazing library! It was a small stone building. Inside were big leather sofa chairs, antique tables and a huge rustic fire place completely ablaze with real logs and everything! Now that's probably the best third place I've ever been to!
ReplyDeleteWow! he did it very well! It ain't easy with that mickey suits on.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great video! Go Mickey! I can't imagine doing that with a big animal head on.
ReplyDeleteI love your third spaces concept and I am completely jealous that you can eat and drink in your library! Also..heeyyy candy swap partner!!! I'm so happy that you said you want unique candy from my state. We have this amazing candy store in town that is famous all around here but is still a lil mom & pop shop so I am definitely getting you goodies from there! I didn't even think about getting unique candies, I just listed normal, boring easter candy but you can send whatever you want!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100 followers too!
Happy 100 (101, actually)!!And, awww, you are so so kind to give my little blog a shout out. It is very much appreciated. You know I love you :-)
ReplyDeleteWork it out, Mickey. YAY for blog love. You are my favorite, but I think you know that. I need a wordle now. Thanks for the BTA. I may need to pass this one on.
ReplyDeleteMickey breakdancing was hysterical, major props to the man behind the mask! I love your list. I too am very upset that Borders is closing, that was my number 1 third space.
ReplyDeleteMollie that was a great post! Congrats on the awards and good choices to pass it on to. Love it. Hope all is well! Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you and let you know that making a "things I love" post was in my plans and I shall be making it soon on your account.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
YOOHOO!! I'm still trying to catch up on the weekend posts I missed. So far behind...but so cool that you did this! :D
ReplyDeleteI love your writing style! I also completely agree with good conversation, it seems at times that it's becoming a hard thing to find. Stopping by from FTLOB :)
ReplyDeleteI seriously totally missed this entire post! I read the one before it and the one after it. F**K! I am going to create an award that only you can receive because of all the fun British shit you blog about. (Aren't most Americans secretly Anglophiles?).
ReplyDeleteSo I used to work at Borders (for like 10 years) and it was both my second AND third place. Sad but true. When I stopped working there I lost it in two places. Now I work at the library and my home Borders is closed so I am actively seeking suggestions for my third place.
Does the interwebs count?
I was with ya until you said making breakfast. I cook food out of necessity, but, if given the choice, I'd hire a cook...
ReplyDelete... Wait, actually, I probably wouldn't because, after watching so many crime and forensics programs, I'd be suspicious of them trying to poison me.