Some things are sacred and are not to be messed with. If they do mess with those holies, I want "te dunsh them in the heed". Ya knaa what ah mean leik? Take for instance, my friend wanting me to find some curse words or phrases, Geordie-speak leik, that she can use against her hinney. Ah hev nar na wish tuh start a barney inatween a husband an' a missus. Another thing that "shud neet be messed wi'" is TV.
I believe in free TV channels. The major news network affiliates have the airwaves from the government for free in the US, right? This is why you don't have to buy a subscription to Cox Cable if you just want ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox25 and Channel 34...whatever Channel 34 is now... WGN? Have things changed since I left home?
No free TV here at any rate.
I believe in free TV channels. The major news network affiliates have the airwaves from the government for free in the US, right? This is why you don't have to buy a subscription to Cox Cable if you just want ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox25 and Channel 34...whatever Channel 34 is now... WGN? Have things changed since I left home?
No free TV here at any rate.
![]() |
| source, Reddit of course. |
Oh, this is not a letter to me. No. I threw my letter away last June, stupidly forgetting to take a picture of it. This letter is to a guy who bought the TV from Tesco as a GIFT. I stole it from reddit.
While I do not have "cable", I do have a TV that I use to watch DVDs. I do not need a license for this type of use, thank god.
Hulu is unavailable here in my area.
The apologists for TV licensing go on and on about how individuals benefit from watching BBC and since they take advantage of said benefits, then individuals must contribute. Supposedly this is why BBC programming is the classy dame of the broadcasting world.
No. I disagree. With all of it. D'ye heor wor Muckle Brother? I'll contribute to my local PBS station when the time comes, because I want punkin to get to watch Anne of Green Gables and Sesame Street. But I'll do it because I want to, not because I have to.
And that has made all the difference.
And that has made all the difference.

I so feel you on this, Bif. If I didn't like to "on demand" movies I wouldn't have cable at all because the wee one primarily watches PBS. That is insane about a license. "We will be watching you!" AH! Scary!
ReplyDeleteSo there is no way in a canary's hiney that I'll be able to find a pinecone in SoCal. I may try the craft store today. Is that ridick or what? Still no birds. Feckers.
Holy crap! That is craziness. I sent you an email, but in case you haven't seen yet, my package came today! Finally! :)))
ReplyDeleteWow, for the sake of TV sounds like you should have picked Kansas. haha. If it makes you feel any better, we have had no TV in our house since we moved and that was in January - however, that is our decision just because well, we don't want to bother with it. Fortunately we are able to get Hulu though. What a crock - no free channels. How dumb.
ReplyDeletePS Your comment made me laugh on Aiukli's blog post. Have a good one! ;)
They have a stupid 'charge' like that here too! Last year, this guy would keep coming to our door to see if we had a TV or any other radio device to charge us, and we would just hide inside when he came. Smart, haha. Pretty dumb!
ReplyDeleteHEY! Maybe I can get you to do a guest post of Frackin' Friday with a Geordie curse word!!
Yep, tv charges!!! It's pretty much the BBC which does this although it is for anyone with a tv. There have been some absolutely fab tv adverts showing the dangers of having no tv liscense lol!!
ReplyDeleteAs for Geordie swear words, they are pretty much similar to others but with an accent variation haha!!! If you don't listen carefully you may not realise what they're even saying!Mind you there is quite a difference between which ones are the 'worst' words to use compared to US ones I think.
Yay I'm so glad you got the package!! I thought that bunny was just too cute to pass up in that little basket!!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a fun swap, any excuse to go in a massive candy store is A-Ok with me!!
I miss Hulu ;(
ReplyDeleteyour posts are too funny Mollie - have you considered a trip back to OK to practice some Geordie on the locals
ReplyDeleteIt was quite a shock for me too, we have to pay for everything!!!
ReplyDeleteI got your package!!!!!!! You are the best!! I love everything!! The first thing I ate was the Yorkie bar, I don't care if those Brits say I can't!! LOL!
ReplyDelete1,000 GBP!!! Holy crap! I can rig my own space satellite for that price!!!
ReplyDelete