Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Russian Hat Man Sighting Today

He was wearing a different hat! Same style, but different color.  Passed me whilst making his rounds of charity shops on North Road.

Great day... bought stuff at the marketplace in the old building. Going to have a crab, potato, and corn boil tonight! BRING ON THE BUTTER!

Had lunch at a new (to me) cafe in the city centre with Ruth and then later, before tackling the bus to get home, a La Chouffe Belgian beer. Delish.

We're thinking of creating costumes for the wedding parade, a la Sweet Potato Queen but because R is British, we'll have to scale it down a bit. I'm thinking "HATS" and "SPARKLES". How about it?  Maybe some homemade t-shirts that say "Team Willy" or "Team Mountbatten".

Today was a rare day weather-wise in NE England. Warm, sunny, and only within the past two hours, windy. Glorious! Got a load of laundry dried as well!

Got a call from the teacher agency today. This one seems promising. Keep those typing fingers crossed! Only yesterday I had decided to stop filling out applications and even to stop caring if it happened that I got mesel' a teaching position here. I'll know more Monday...so, look forward to that.

Thank you for loving my weirdness and inadvertent awesomeness the other day. That crap used to get me in so much trouble with my peers when I was younger and hadn't yet fully embraced my weirdness so that I could crush it with my arms of immense power and heat and make it all diamondy and inadvertently awesome.

13 comments:

  1. Your weirdness is what we feed on! I have a feeling that if you and I were in junior high together, we would have been the 'strange' ones in the back of class making jokes no one else got. So cool, right?! Haha. Cannot wait to see these costumes that ya'll come up with. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUSSIAN HAT?! I haz a Russian Hat. I love those things.

    (random thought...eeek.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay RHM!!! How was his flair? Could you see it? I have missed him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo!! Sounds good about the job!! I will definitly be keeping fingers crossed for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pft, your little inadvertent awesome dance was the coolest thing I had seen all week! I was like Go Mollie Go!

    Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for luck that the teaching thing comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, my dear, are a sparkly sparkly diamond that only the lucky (extremely intelligent) can truly appreciate. Don't go changin', baby! Wear your most twinkly, sparkly chapeau for Will and Kate. They'll love it. I know them personally...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wind here has been EVIL the past few days! I'm going back to the States for a visit next Thursday and I'm gonna bring some books back here with me. When I get back I can mail you one? I'll be back in Ireland on April 28th. I don't know what the flippin' problem is with Amazon UK...it was on there and now its not and I think its only available on Amazon UK in the Kindle format. It is on the USA Amazon site, but I think the shipping to you would be Ridunculous that way. So anyway...yes, I'll get you a book no probs chica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS...tagged you in somethin'.

    http://whimsicalbullshit.blogspot.com/2011/04/facts-lovin.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never be too "weird" for me Mollie...shucks, if we lived closer to one another, I could see us getting in some major trouble having verbal wars with un-armed humans.

    Ahhh..you mentioned Belgium...reminds me of Moules Frites...have to make them this summer.

    Keeping the best of thoughts for you, hope the teaching position comes through soon.

    Hugs!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just realized I'm a bloody twit...keep wondering why your posts don't show up on my blog page...guess it would have helped if I was a Follower.

    I am now...my Britalian apologies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weird inadvertent awesomeness is the best sort.

    On a different note: I get ridiculously excited when I can get laundry dry outside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you dress up, just don't end up looking like this guy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2011/4/8/96333_2.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment if what I wrote struck you as something to laugh, think, or argue about. If you think I'm champion enough to give an award to, thanks, but I respectfully decline the blog herpes. Please burn it in the fiery pit of Mordor. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...